Table of Contents
- The location and useful information
- How to get to
- The City
- The Weather
- Important Places in Beijing
The location and useful information
The RE'16 conference will be hold in Beijing Friendship Hotel.
A card with brief information (both in Chinese and English) about the hotel is provided here. You can print it out and it would be useful when finding your ways to the conference venue.
- Location: 1 Zhongguancun South St. Beijing 100873, P.R. China (see also this map)
- Tel: + 086 10 68498888
- Fax: + 086 10 68498866
- E-mail: rd@BJfriendshiphotel.com
- Homepage: http://www.bjfriendshiphotel.com/siteen/index.html
Here are some links help you in preparation for your trip to China
How to get to
There are direct flights to Beijing from around 18 European cities including Amsterdam, Berlin, Brussels, Budapest, Copenhagen, Frankfurt, Helsinki, Istanbul, Kiev, London, Madrid, Moscow, Munich, Paris, Rome, St Petersburg, Stockholm, and Vienna. For information on these and other connections, see the web site of Beijing Capital International Airport.
Beijing Capital International Airport is located 32 km (20 mi) northeast of Beijing’s city center and is about 35km far from the conference venue. We suggest the following routes from the airport to comference venue：
- Take airport shuffle bus line 4 to Friendship Hotel;
- walk to the conference venue.
- Total fees: 24 RMB (24 RMB for airport shuffle bus)
- Take Airport Express line to Sanyuanqiao station;
- transfer to line 10 at Sanyuanqiao station, get to Haidianhuangzhuang station;
- transfer to line 4 at Haidianhuangzhuang station, get to Renmin University station;
- walk to the conference venue, about 8mins.
- Total fees: 30 RMB (25 RMB for Airport Express, 5 RMB for Subway)
- Taxi from Beijing Airport Terminal 3 to the conference venue will cost about 110 RMB in the daytime or 150 RMB in the nighttime. In China, traditionally there is no tipping.
Beijing is the capital of the People’s Republic of China and one of the most populous cities in the world. The population as of 2012 was 20,693,000. The metropolis, located in northern China, is governed as a direct-controlled municipality under the national government, with 14 urban and suburban districts and two rural counties.
Here are two official websites of the most frequently chosen travel agencies in China: